Laguna is about an hour drive from Manila. Here are some places you can visit. I hope I would have time to write additional details for each.
- Enchanted Kingdom (EK) – Sta. Rosa City, Laguna
This is a very popular theme park where a variety of rides and attractions are available for children and even the adults/ parents. Entrance is around P600 per head. You can check EK’s website here for additional information and promos: http://www.enchantedkingdom.ph/
- Nuvali Park – Sta. Rosa City
Here you could enjoy fish feeding, boat riding and sightseeing. And there are also good restaurants around.
- Splash Island – Binan, Laguna
If you’re looking for a nice water park, then this one is worth a try. We were there just twice and it was several years ago. The entrance now is around P500 per head – https://www.ticketworld.com.ph/Online/splashisland
- Rizal Shrine (ancestral house of our national hero) – Calamba City, Laguna
This is a historical site featuring the ancestral house of Dr. Jose Rizal, the Philippine National Hero. This is near the old Calamba City Hall and there is no entrance fee.
- Rizal Park (The Plaza) – Calamba City
The tallest monument of national hero Dr. Jose Rizal is located here.
- Pansol Hot Spring Resorts – Calamba City
Pansol is an area where lots of hot spring resorts are located. You could already go swimming for an entrance fee of around P50. That’s the lowest I know for those public resorts. And of course if you want some privacy, you can rent private resorts (around P5,000) for the whole group.
- Makiling Botanic Gardens – Los Banos, Laguna
- Mount Makiling/ National Arts Center – Los Banos, Laguna
From this elevated location, you will have a nice panoramic view of Laguna de Bay and the so-called “Alligator” Lake.
- University of the Philippines – Los Banos (UPLB)
- Kamayan sa Palaisdaan (Floating Restaurant) – Bay, Laguna
- Royal Palm Resort – Bay, Laguna
- Pagsanjan Falls – Pagsanjan/ Cavinti, Laguna
- Villa Escudero – San Pablo City, Laguna
- Isdaan Restaurant and Theme Park – Calauan, Laguna
- Pandin Lake – San Pablo City
Pandin Lake is one of the popular seven lakes in San Pablo City. When you go to Pandin, you will also be able to see the other nearby lake – Yambo Lake. You just have to take the bamboo raft to get you to the other side.
- Villa Sylvia Resort (VSR) – Brgy. Banago, Nagcarlan, Laguna
Now if you’re looking for a mountain resort where you can relax and avoid the very hot summer, then I would recommend Villa Sylvia Resort. It’s a cold spring resort with water flowing freely from Mt. Banahaw.